Meet before 10 a.m. at the Silver Springs Botanical Gardens, 37 Silver Springs DRIVE NW, to sign in.
Free parking and entry. Portable outhouse. Off leash dog park. $2 donation suggested.
Easier option –
– walk the gardens, Birthplace Forest, labyrinth. 1.4 km one way, 35 m., wood chip trail, 1- 1 1/2 hrs.
Extended guided option –
– hike to the Bow River bluffs, the springs and further west towards the ponds, as time permits. Estimate 1 1/2 – 2 hrs. Can create a loop. Could view gardens afterwards. Prefer dirt trails if dry but there’s a paved option if a wet day. Boardwalk to springs.
– take Silver Springs GATE NW exit off Crowchild Trail NW ( Note: Sarcee Trail NW is the opposite exit at this intersection.)
– at first lights, turn right on to Silver Springs BLVD. NW
– at next lights, turn right on to Silver Springs DRIVE NW
– where the road bends left, CONTINUE STRAIGHT AHEAD to the parking area by the ball diamond.
– extra parking area back at the bend of the road on Silver Springs Drive NW.
Leader: Lynn Whittingham 403-208-9398 or 403-968-4264